Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I claim this name!

Hahaha, I've been so inspired by other food blogs like Tartelette or Dessertfirst that I wanted to create my own dessert haven, a place to try out recipes and bounce ideas for my new "bakery".

How in the world did I get this name? Well, Mike and I have a running inside joke, or rather, nicknames that we somehow gave each other, him being Manatee Mike and me being WildChild. I've always entertained the idea of starting my own bakery, and as Mike is one of my fans, he fully supports my ambitions. He proposed naming it "Wild Manatee" probably first as a joke to combine our nicknames, and strangely enough, the name actually has a nice ring to it.

Our vision for Wild Manatee is this: Hip, fun hangout place like Red Mango, complete with funky chairs, bendy straws, and color-changing cups. The pastries will be of high-end quality like Tisserie with moderate pricing like Veniero's. The names of the desserts will be spunky, like "out-of-control oatmeal chocolate chip cookie" (OOCOCCC for short, er, I guess it's not that short... =P). Catering can be our main source of revenue -- gotta feed all 239784 weddings this summer, and we all know how companies/schools love splurging (some may call it squandering) money on events.

With all of this said... allow me to introduce you to *drum roll*
Wild Manatee Baker
y!!

2 comments:

simplyspeaking said...

I APPROVE! yayyyy!!!!

le petite houfe said...

dont forget the wild manatee cruise line